Those One Liners started with a few ideas: create something unique, give back with what you can, and raise awareness while you do so.
But how can we reach there? Thus, my journey began…
The Path & The Principles
The aim was to create items that provide minimalist designs matched with responsibly sourced material of high quality. These were the principles:
- Minimalist design: minimalism implies keeping only the essentials. Nothing could have achieved that goal better than continuous line drawings. This is why all “Those One Liners” designs explore this style.
- Giving back: each item sold on the website needed to contribute to a just cause. It also needed to consider both long and short them impact. For this reason, each purchase plants trees for the future and also donates to a cause we can support long before the trees grow.
- Responsible sourcing: Being fair to the people who put their effort into the items in your hands is important. Fair Wear certification helped to select partners that share the same values.
- Responsible production: Every year, tons of unsold products get discarded. Producing only validated orders would help to avoid this damage.
- High-quality material: Organic cotton is better for you, better for the environment, and better for the people who grow it. It was an undebated choice.
- Sustainable packaging: Even the best packaging is meant to be discarded, taking its places as environmental waste. I wanted to minimize our impact using recycled material and no plastics.
Those One Liners is the result that reflects these ideas. It is where you will find minimalist continuous line drawings, printed on excellent quality material with eco-friendly inks. People will be compensated fairly for their work in putting it in your hands, and we will create the minimum waste while producing the items. Then, you will receive these materials in environmentally friendly packaging, plant a tree for the future, and donate to a cause for the moment.
I hope that you enjoy your visit and stay in touch.